Dan Burkholder Workshops at Houston Center for Photography
The John Cleary Gallery is pleased to announce a special series of workshops at the Houston Center for Photography with Dan Burkholder concomitant to the opening of his solo exhibition here at the gallery on Saturday, April 28, 2012 from 6-8pm. (Mark your calendars!)
There will be two separate classes offered and, though typically reserved for members only, HCP has been gracious to extend an invitation to the friends of the John Cleary Gallery as well. See below for more information or visit the respective links for each class to be re-directed to the HCP website.
*Please note, as of posting there are 47 remaining spots available for the April 29th class and only 5 remaining seats for the April 30th class--act now before someone else takes your place!!*
Flatiron in Spring, New York, 2008
Sunday, April 29, 10:00am - 4:00pm
$120 HCP members / $140 non-member
Level: All Experience Levels Welcome
More than just a snapshot device, the iPhone is a powerful creative tool, nestled in the palm of your hand. Imagine--a camera, darkroom, and visual research laboratory, all in your shirt pocket! Liberated from rushing home to your computer, you can capture and process your images in the field.
Watch digital pioneer Dan Burkholder demonstrate his iPhone capture and image stylizing techniques to control color, tonality and detail in his iPhone images.
This is your opportunity to learn the creative power and stunning output that is possible from your iPhone from one of today's leading experts in "iPhoneography". Learn capture techniques that are specific to iPhone photography. Find out which software preserves your camera's resolution, and which trashes your hard-earned pixels. Create an iPhone workflow that takes you from capture to final image, with an emphasis on creating beautifully artistic images.
Fonthill Ceiling and Bed
Monday, April 30, 2012, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
$240 HCP Members only! (The class fee includes a boxed lunch.)
Class Size: 12 students
This full day of hands-on iPhone Artistry will equip you with a packed arsenal of camera capture and image enhancement techniques that you can use daily with your iPhone.
This is your opportunity to learn the creative power and stunning output that is possible from your iPhone from one of todays leading experts in iPhoneography. Step by step you'll learn the best, fastest and easiest ways to shoot and process images with your iPhone. We'll leave no stone unturned in this jam-packed day of iPhone Artistry!
- See how true HDR imaging (as opposed to software simulated HDR) is not only possible but easy with your iPhone.
- Create an iPhone workflow that takes you from capture to final image, with an emphasis on creating beautifully artistic images.
- Build your personal app suite that gives you all the capture and processing power you need on your iPhone.
- Practice panorama captures with your iPhone. Learn which software works best, combining up to 70 stitched images.
- Learn which apps are best for color, contrast, sharpening, texturizing and sharing.
What You Should Bring:
- You should bring your iPhone 3G (or newer preferred) to the workshop.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as your prepare:
- Have the latest iPhone system software installed.
- Make sure you have enough free space on your iPhone for images and new apps.
- Have an iTunes account in good working order (current credit card on file with iTunes, etc.) so you can make app purchases during the workshop (you might spend as much as $30 on software during the class).
- Dont forget your USB sync/charge cable and spare battery (you should have one).
Other Things that Can Help:
-Bring a notebook and lots of enthusiasm. And come well rested too!